Sunday, April 12, 2009

Don't call social services on me...I didn't mean to be neglectful...

So...I have been rather neglectful of my blog of late...but I have a really good excuse...
Here's one of them
I have been playing with my Harris Wheel...this lovely yarn is 1.5-2 wpi! My husband thinks it looks like climbing rope...I absolutely love the end result! I don't love using the actual wheel...it's clunky but light and wobbly. You really have to work at it to make the wheel go, and the hooks catch on the yarn all the time...luckily spinning this stuff is relatively fast, so even when I get annoyed with the glitches, it's not like I will be doing it for another 5 hours...
The other great thing about this wheel is that it's great for destashing! The first skein I did was 300gms and the second skein I did was a whopping 450 gms!! 1 pound of fat yarny goodness.
I also spung this "vegan" yarnIt is hemp plyed with china grass ramie. The hemp is pretty stiff, I am hoping to be able to find some that is finer or find a way to process the stuff I have.
I have been working on adding stuff to my etsy store. I haven't had any sales yet, but I have had several views of my items so I am pretty happy with that!

The Carnival came to town this weekend so I took the "kids" to check out the rides. My favourite part is the "Carnies" I always like to check out the travelling folk. Usually I am extremely dissapointed, I keep hoping to see a whole bunch of people that look like they are part of a travelling freakshow...
Aside from that the carnival was most excellent. I took Mackenzie, Stephanie and her boyfriend Ray-Tiny stayed home with the grandbaby. This was the first year that Mackenzie was tall enough to ride the big kid rides. She was pretty uncertain about whether or not she would do it but I told her that I would make sure that she was between two "adults" for all the rides and then she was game. It was absolute blast. At one point Stephanie got sick in a garbage can, which quite honestly made me laugh until I cried. We all got pretty nauseous and at the end of it all, after our stomachs had settled I bought mini-donuts. Apparently Ray's stomach wasn't as settled as he thought because he couldn't keep the one donut he at down and he also got sick in a garbage can. I asked Stephanie if they always did everything as a couple.
I pointed out to Mackenzie that she and I were the only ones who didn't get sick and she jumped up, point at Ray and said "HA! You got SERVED!" I have no idea where she gets her attitude from...
Easter Dinner was AWESOME!! Tiny baked Lemon Meringue Pies and there were delicious (note to self, go eat pie after writing blog post) and I had mashed potatoes, ham and cheese sauce for breakfast this morning.
I started a new knitting project but it's a secret so I can't give out any details. I can tell you that today involved some knitting, some purling, a few yarn overs, and some K2tog-I don't want to say much more than that because I don't want to give it away...

No comments: