Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm Dyeing

Today I only had to work a couple of hours so I came home and dyed sock yarn. I got a whole bunch of sock yarn at Michaels for an insanely low clearance price, which I skeined and am now dyeing for my etsy store. My first attempt turned out pretty cool, but the batteries on my camera died, so I couldn't take a photo. I tried scanning the yarn on my scanner and I ended up with some horror movie yarn...seriously it looks like it's going to break through some kind of tarry film and take over...
The photo doesn't do the colours justice, so hopefully I will remember to get some batteries for my camera so I can add the stuff to my store. I also dyed some yellow and orange, and I am going to call that one Jonquille, and I dyed one this great purpley red which will be called Blackberry Subway Jam. I don't know what to call this green and purple one...B Movie?
I also died some romney roving and it turned out light purple and pink, I haven't decided if I am going to spin it and sell the yarn, sell the roving, give it away...it's pretty neat colours, although I am going to have to dye some more of the romney in something that is not pink...

No comments: