Friday, July 31, 2009

On the Blog Again

Finally! A post...I kept waiting to get my new camera before posting and waiting for photos to be sent to me from other peoples cameras and I realized if I kept this up I would never blog again!
Tomorrow Tiny and I are leaving on our cross country journey. Our plans have changed significiantly...early tomorrow we are getting up and going to a wedding in Penticton, we are very excited about this because our friend moved to China 6 years ago and this is the first time we have seen him since he moved!!!! We were planning on driving from Penticton across the country...we changed our minds and decided to fly out from Kelowna tomorrow night to Toronto and rent a car. It actually ends up being close to the same cost as driving and we get an extra week to travel around the maritimes!!!
The only bad thing about this change is that my knitting plans have changed drastically! There is no way I can bring Tiny's sweater, it is 20 balls of Lopi weight wool and would need it's own suitcase. So now I am bringing socks and lace knitting. I was really excited about knitting the sweater, but this way we can spend more time being tourists and less time rushing.
We plan on going to L'Anse Aux Meadows which is going to be thrilling and amazing! Upper Canada Village which we both went to as youngsters and are looking forward to again (I remember they had really good cheese). We plan on spending time in Quebec city, and I would realyl like to see the Bay of Fundy again!
I am bringing my computer so hopefully I will blog at some point on the trip! I will be buying camera batteries today!

1 comment:

LoriAngela said...

Good idea to save the heavy knitting for colder nights. Have a great trip. We still haven't made it to the Maritimes. If you're in Fergus, the highland games are soon.